This news from the U.K. is prime example of why Socialism doesn’t “work”. To follow, “Abu Qatada,” a face not even a mother could love, released in the U.K. from prison, will be relegated to a few restrictions such as no internet, no contact with Bin Laden (d’oh), no visitors except family, doctor and lawyer (not like that has infringed on terrorists before), among a few other minor inconveniences like being required to wear a security cuff and maintaining “a 22-hour curfew” (but then there’s those other two hours a day, unaccounted for):
And I quote:
Suspected Al Qaeda leader Abu Qatada is celebrating his release from prison with the release of a book in which he urges Muslims to commit terrorist attacks in the West. In the 71-page tract, published in English translation on the internet, he repeatedly claims that fighting jihad, holy war, is obligatory for all Muslims and urges them to ‘terrorise’ non-believers.
And again, I quote:
Referring to supporters of democracy, Qatada proclaims in his book that ‘rising up against them with weapons and with force is an individual obligation upon every Muslim’.
He says Muslims should ‘ prepare to terrorise the enemies of Allah and incite believers to fight’.
Twenty-stone Qatada arrived in Britain 14 years ago on a forged passport, and was granted asylum the following year.
And again I quote, having saved the worst news for last:
A VERY EXPENSIVE GUEST
* Since Qatada claimed asylum in 1993, he and his family have already cost the taxpayer well over £1million and the bill will now rise dramatically.
* Legal aid for his initial battle to remain came to about £20,000.
* Between 1993 and 2002, he and his expanding family are said to have received £1,000 a month in state handouts. Total £108,000.
* Since he was locked up six years ago, the Muslim cleric’s wife and five children have continued to receive an estimated £800 a month. Total £60,000.
* The cost of keeping him behind bars for the last six years is estimated at £300,000, while his marathon legal quest to avoid extradition to Jordan is thought to have cost another £500,000 since
* Out of prison, he will have to observe a 22-hour curfew, wear a tag, and live in a MI5 safehouse. At great expense to the taxpayer, he will also be under round-the-clock surveillance by police and the security services.
Total cost of all this is estimated at between £300,000 and £500,000 per year.
And this cleric really hates the generous U.K. and advocates Muslims “commit terrorist attacks” upon “the West” (“nonbelievers: [anyone not a Muslim]).
I wonder why: he — and all family members — were not immediately deported to a land far, far away, or, the nutty guy was not confined while his family members were immediately deported to a land far, far away.
I’m not being flippant — I really do wonder in cases such as this how it is we are to tolerate and also luxuriate upon those who advocate very bad things be done to us and our Western civilization. This is a classic case of why amnesty for illegal aliens and any blanket asylum for all who seek it (some merit asylum but not all — my point is that not all who do are the stuff from whence good citizens are made) does.not.work (“work” in any sensible, productive sense, to benefit or compliment the targeted nation).
This guy, though, reminds me, unfortunately, of the Obama campaigners and how they behave on the internet toward everyone else. I think there’s more than meets many eyes as to this association, by the way. I realize I just changed the subject, but, not really.