Today, May 01, is deemed to be LOYALTY DAY in the United States of America.
President George W. Bush issued a Presidential Proclamation in 2003 — amended into law by Congress (Public Law 85-529) — that May 01 from that date forward be honored as LOYALTY DAY.
The full Proclamation should be read in full but it’s revealing as to Bush’s sad indulgence of illegal aliens, blurring of the definitions as to who and what a U.S. citizen is and poor-to-no immigration enforcement, as such existed when this Proclamation was issued if not continues through this day:
…This Loyalty Day, as we express allegiance to our Nation and its founding ideals, we resolve to ensure that the blessings of liberty endure and extend for generations to come.
The Congress, by Public Law 85-529, as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as “Loyalty Day,” and I ask all Americans to join me in this day of celebration and in reaffirming our allegiance to our Nation.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2003, as Loyalty Day. I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance. I also call upon government officials to display the flag of the United States on all government buildings on Loyalty Day.
Thanks to ILLEGAL PROTEST blog for the story.
MEANWHILE, in the United States of America, illegal aliens and other Socialists were busy going about raging for Communism and “Communist Workers’ Day” “rights.”
Covering today’s degeneracy as to the preposterous “reworking” of May 1 memorials (from one honoring the U.S.A. to one rallying for Communism, including illegal immigration, the denigration of the laws of the U.S.A. and Capitalism as our economic model) are these blogs:
MAY DAY, MAY DAY…
MORE LINKS are to be found on all those sites as to associated news, but, the “Illegal Aliens Demands Day” seems to have effectively insulted so many U.S. citizens by this hour (last year’s and this year’s), that so much as blogging about the ideas that define these Demands Days is not an inviting use of time and resources.
One thing, however, is that the Los Angeles Times reports that “businesses” in the L.A. area “supported” today’s Illegal Aliens Demands Day raging there. I’d like to see a comprehensive list of the names of those “businesses” so that their services can be refused and their products avoided.
Moreover, since illegal aliens and their “associates” in the U.S. run contrary to the spirit and honorariums involved in LOYALTY DAY, the following ought to be kept in mind pending this May 05:
…some startling facts and figures from the Los Angeles Times and other news outlets should cause any sane person to question the president’s judgment when it comes to criminals from Mexico.
* 40% of workers in Los Angeles County work for cash and pay no taxes, because they are predominantly illegal aliens without green cards.
* 95% of murder warrants issued in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
* 75% of those on the “most wanted” list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
* Over 67% of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal aliens.
(Mexican births paid for by U.S. taxpayers.)
* Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are here illegally.
* Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
* 50% of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border, according to FBI reports.
* 60% of all occupants in HUD properties are illegal aliens.
* 21 radio stations in Los Angeles are Spanish-language.
* In Los Angeles County, 5.1 million people speak English, while
3.9 million speak Spanish.
* Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.
* In 1997, the net cost of immigration to American taxpayers was $70 billion. The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services received) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a negative number.
* 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
Isn’t it time for our “conservative” president and sensible lawmakers to forsake their patriarchal concern for illegal aliens and focus instead on protecting the interests of the American people as required by the U.S. Constitution?
In honor of Cinco de Mayo Day, I propose that the president should deliver the following national salute to illegal aliens during his May 5 Saturday radio address:
Attention All Illegal Aliens: Happy Cinco de Mayo. Now Get the Hell Out!